Appel à communication : « Art in the Mirror of Philosophy », St. Petersburg Cusanus Society, date limite 1er juin 2022
Workshop of the St. Petersburg Cusanus Society: « The Doctrine of Nicholas of Cusa concerning the Beauty and the Aesthetics of the Renaissance »
Workshop Topics :
- Between the Middle Ages and modernity: Nicholas of Cusa as a Renaissance thinker;
- The doctrine of Nicholas of Cusa concerning beauty and « the evolution of medieval aesthetics »;
- Medieval origins of Cusanus’ concept of beauty: the Corpus Areopagiticum, Albertus Magnus, & Llull.
- The position and significance of aesthetic views of Nicholas of Cusa in the history of Renaissance thought;
- Renaissance Platonism and Nicholas of Cusa’s theory of beauty;
- Cusanus’ conception of beauty and the development of Renaissance art;
- The ontological and epistemological foundations of the understanding of beauty in Cusanus’ teaching;
- The interpretation of Cusanus’ doctrine of beauty in A.F. Losev’s « Aesthetics of Renaissance » (1978).
This is just a recommended list of possible topics for the workshop. The Organizing Committee is ready to consider other topics, provided that they pertain to beauty and aesthetics in Nicholas of Cusa. If you are interested in participating in this project, please submit by June 1, 2022 your abstracts (up to 4,000 characters and in a Word document), as well as a brief description of yourself & your academic status, to the email address of Professor Oleg Dushin: email@example.com In addition, we’d be happy to consider inviting you to participate directly in the St. Petersburg workshop if you are interested. We are planning to publish the proceedings of the workshop in an issue of the journal VERBUM.
Dates : 16-17 September 2022
Format : This is a hybrid conference, featuring both online & offline participation.
Organizing Committee : Dr. Svetlana V. Lavrova, Chairman of the Organizing Committee, Vice Principal for Research and Development of Vaganova Ballet Academy (St. Petersburg); Prof.Dr. Olga I. Tarasova, Head of the Department of Philosophy, History and Theory of Art, Vaganova Ballet Academy (St. Petersburg); Prof. Dr. Oleg E. Dushin, Department of Philosophy, History and Theory of Art, Vaganova Ballet Academy (St. Petersburg), Assoziierter Gastprofessor (Kueser Akademie für Europäische Geistesgeschichte), Head of Saint-Petersburg Society for Studies of Cultural Heritage of Nicholas of Cusa; Dr. Sergey V. Volzin, Associate Fellow, Sociological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences – Branch of the Federal Center of Theoretical and Applied Sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (St. Petersburg); Prof. Dr. Harald Schwaetzer, Chair of Philosophy, Biberach University of Applied Sciences (Germany), Academic Director of the Kueser Akademie für Europäische Geistesgeschichte, Member of the International Board of Cusanus-Research; Prof. Dr. Gianluca Cuozzo, Full Professor of Theoretical Philosophy, Department of Philosophy and Educational Sciences, University of Turin, President of the Società Cusaniana Italiana, Head of the Centro Studi Interdisciplinari sul Pensiero e l’Arte del Rinascimento; Prof. Dr. Paula Pico Estrada, Professor of Medieval Philosophy, Directora del área de Investigación de la Facultad de Filosofía, Letras y Estudios Orientales, Universidad del Salvador (Buenos-Aires), Directora de la carrera de grado de Filosofía, Universidad Nacional de San Martín (Buenos-Aires).