Appel à contribution : « The Bellini of Renaissance Venice / Renaissance Society of America », Chicago, Palmer House Hilton, 21-23 mars 2024, date limite le 1er août 2023
This session will present the latest research on the Bellini family of artists (Jacopo, Giovanni, Gentile, and Leonardo). Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Questions of biography, chronology, attribution, and historiography
- Their responses to ancient, humanist, and clerical texts
- Pictorial techniques; workshop practices; recent conservation and new technical studies
- Responses to the North, the Mediterranean, and the East
- Artistic receptivity to the artistic, intellectual, and social world of Venice and the terra firma
By August 1, 2023, please send to the organizer, Daniel Wallace Maze (email@example.com):
- paper title (15-word maximum)
- paper abstract (200-word maximum)
- resume (.pdf or .doc upload)
- PhD or other terminal degree completion year (past or expected)
- full name, current affiliation, and email address.
If your research concerns more than one potential Bellini-related paper topic, you may submit an abstract for each.